Wisdom (Series 2)
For many years I have saved favorite quotes by copying them in a special notebook. A few years ago I gathered fifty favorites to give to a friend for her birthday. In September I listed ten of these quotes, and today I list another ten of these pieces of wisdom which have influenced me greatly.
1. At any moment a great moment.
2. Maturity is a stoic response to endless reality.
3. Make the best of what is in your power. Take the rest as it happens.
4. Forgiveness is the ultimate revenge; indifference is the ultimate insult.
5. Some of the things we remember best never happened. Hannah Green in “I Never Promised You a Rose Garden.”
6. Progress always involves risks. You can’t steal second base and keep your foot on first. Lois Gould in “X”
7. Enthusiasm is a mental sunshine that keeps everything in us alive and growing.
8. Do you know the secret of being rich? It is feeling rich. And the secret of feeling rich is to think of what you have rather than what you have not.
9. If we cherished ourselves a little more, we wouldn’t need so much extra love.
10. Don’t let the worry-birds make a nest in your hair.
(c) Dorothy C. Judd
Next post: Monday, May 4th