Wisdom (Series 1)
For many years I have saved favorite quotes by copying them in a special notebook. A few years ago I gathered together fifty favorites to give to a friend for her birthday. Today I list ten of these pieces of wisdom.
- Nobody really changes, but we can figure out better ways of being who we are! Shelby Hearon; Group Therapy
- You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. Zen
- Happiness doesn’t have to be learned, but arrived at by unlearning our unhappiness. Karen Goldman; Angel Voices
- If you stop trying to make yourself into more than you are out of fear that you are less than you are, whoever you really are will be a lot lighter and happier, and easier to live with, too. Jon Kabat-Zinn; Mindfulness Meditation
- Laughter can add more years to your life than step class. Keds
- Life is an internal affair. Bottorf
- If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come. Chinese proverb
- Distinguish between problems and annoyances.
- Worry is the creative misuse of imagination.
- Control is an illusion!
© Dorothy C. Judd
Next post Thursday, September 4th